Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Staying fit is a way of life

"Staying fit is a way of life." This cannot be emphasized enough. Leave aside flat abs, good looks and fitting into clothes, getting fit is much more than that. When we are fit, our body is in harmony. We feel energetic and have stamina to be active throughout the day. And we feel great and powerful. We feel quite capable to do all the things we want to do. We feel confident and sure.

Looking good comes as a perk of taking care of our body and health.

I woke up to exercise and health quite early as I watched my elder brother spend time at home working out with dumb-bells.I got the message that being fit and powerful is important. And slowly I started to incorporate a small workout plan in my day while I was still in school. This small workout plan had general stretching, jogging and crunches. Later on I started going to the office gym as I started my professional life as a software developer.

This habit continued on and off towards my life and it has become a part of my routine now. I lost considerable amount of weight after my wedding, owing to working out really hard. This not only changed my looks but gave me confidence about my body and control over it.

This belief that I can stay fit and maintain my figure helped me to lose my pregnancy weight and come back to somewhat near my pre-pregnancy weight.

Believing in yourself is one of the most important things if you want to lose weight and change your body. And embracing fitness as a part of your life is essential to stay fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment